This trek offers some of the best views of the main peaks with a gradual ascent which can be done leisurely, we traverse the mountain by ascending the Sirimon track, join the best of Timau, then join the best of Chogoria and Descend the Naro Moru track.
Morning spent sorting and organizing equipment for the mountain trek. Lunch at the Lodge (this is an extra charge). In the afternoon we are driven to the Sirimon gate and then the to the road head at 3,300m. An easy walk in the afternoon to help acclimatization, overnight Judmaier’s Camp (3,300m) in the high altitude mountain tents.
After breakfast trek up the moorland and break away from Sirimon track at altitude of 3,940m, contouring into the Sirimon Valley. This is a seldom visited area with a tremendous amount of wildlife. Overnight in Sirimon Valley, altitude 3,940m.
An early start out of the Sirimon Valley and into the head of the Hinde Valley. We then cross the Nithi and Gorges Valleys. This is undoubtedly one of the most scenic areas of the mountain with its 1,000 – vertical cliffs, its virgin valleys and cascading water-fall, is one of the most spectacular trekked areas in Kenya. Night camped at Hall Tarns(4,300m).
Descend to Lake Michaelson, in the depth of the Gorges Valley. See the incredible cave formation known as the Temple. Walk down the valley to Vivienne falls (named after the famous author of Speak to the Earth). Return to camp in the afternoon. Overnight at Hall Tarns (4,300m.).
Alpine ascent on the third highest peak Pt.Lenana (4,985m). En route up north face little used by tourists. 04 hours of stiff walking to the summit. Descend to Teleki Valley and spend the night at our Mackinders Camp (4,150m).
Descend the mountain via the Naro Moru route completing a fine circuit of Mt. Kenya, to the Naro Moru River Lodge for a well-earned rest.
SEE MORE RELATED SAFARI PACKAKES BELOW!
- Jea 30: Mt. Kenya(5 Days 4 Nights)
- Jea 50: A Day Trek to Ol’Donyo El’Satima
- Jea 51: A Three-Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 52: Four Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 53: Five Day Circumnavigation of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 54: Five Day Sirimon Trek
- Jea 55: Five Day Chogoria Route
- Jea 56: Five Days Four Overnights in Chogoria out Sirimon.
- Jea 57: Six Days Best of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 58: Seven Days Chogoria Transverse.
- Jea 59: Seven Day Timau Trek
- Jea60: Seven Day The Land of Contrast
- Jea42:Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Itineraries