This is by far the most spectacular and beautiful route on Mt. Kenya, in which you ascend from Chogoria Route and descend through Naro Moru Route. This is only possible during dry weather
Leave Naro Moru River Lodge in the morning after preparing the equipment. You are driven through Nanyuki, Timau and Meru before arriving at Chogoria Town and then through the rain forest gate to the road-head, (3200m). Overnight at the gate cliffs in tents.
After breakfast, trek to Mintos Hut 4.300m, for overnight. Lunch is served on the way. Trekking time 4-5hours.
Trek along gorges Valley descending to Lake Michaelson, then Lunch at Vivienne. Trek through the magnificent castle rocks to Mintos Hut and overnight – “whole day hiking”
Hike up through Square Tarn to climax at Pt. Lenana, 4985m which is the third highest peak on Mt. Kenya. Descend via Austrian Hut then down to Mackinder’s camp for overnight in our Teleki Lodge at 4150m, walking time 5-6 hours.
Descend via Naro Moru Route vertical bog arriving at Met Station before 12.00noon, where our vehicles will be waiting to bring you down to Naro Moru River Lodge.
NB. Lunch at the Lodge is extra unless where booked on full board.
SEE MORE RELATED SAFARI PACKAKES BELOW!
- Jea 30: Mt. Kenya(5 Days 4 Nights)
- Jea 50: A Day Trek to Ol’Donyo El’Satima
- Jea 51: A Three-Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 52: Four Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 53: Five Day Circumnavigation of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 54: Five Day Sirimon Trek
- Jea 55: Five Day Chogoria Route
- Jea 56: Five Days Four Overnights in Chogoria out Sirimon.
- Jea 57: Six Days Best of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 58: Seven Days Chogoria Transverse.
- Jea 59: Seven Day Timau Trek
- Jea60: Seven Day The Land of Contrast
- Jea42:Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Itineraries