DAY 1 Nairobi/Nanyuki.9.00 am. Get picked from your Nairobi hotel. Drive to Nanyuki town, a town set on the foothills of mt. Kenya . After lunch spend the rest of the afternoon acclimatsising and sorting out and organizing all the requirements for your trip. Dinner and overnight at a Nanyuki budget hotel.
DAY 2 Nanyuki/ Old Moses. After breakfast, drive to the Sirimon Track Park Gate. Hike to Old Moses hut in an average hiking time of 3hours, lunch enroute. This hike is very essential for acclimatization and quite educative as far as the vegetation is concerned. Dinner and overnight at the hut, which is 3,300m above sea level.
DAY 3 Old Moses/ Shiptons. An early start for Shiptons, attitude 4,200m in an average hiking time of 6 hours, lunch enroute. Sirimon route lies on the north-western side of Mt. Kenya and generally escapes some rainfall, making it drier than other routes most times of the year. Dinner and overnight at the hut.
DAY 4 Shiptons/ Pt Lenana/ Mackinders.Wake up to a pre-dawn attempt of Pt Lenana, 4,985m above sea level. If you are fortunate and weather is clear, you may see Mount Kilimanjaro to the south, Mount Elgon to the west and even the Indian Ocean to the East. After your photography and viewing opportunity, surrounded by glaciers and ice rock caves, descend leisurely to Mackinders camp on the Naro Moru trail, meals enroute. The attitude here is 4,200m. the hut is on Teleki Valley opposite the main peaks. Descent will be about 5 hours. Dinner and overnight at the hut.
DAY 5 Mackinders/ Nairobi .After breakfast, descend to Met station in roughly 3 hours and catch your transport to Naro Moru town for lunch then board your transport to Nairobi , arriving in the evening.
NOTE This programme can be adjusted to include, alternative routes
SEE MORE RELATED SAFARI PACKAKES BELOW!
- Jea 30: Mt. Kenya(5 Days 4 Nights)
- Jea 50: A Day Trek to Ol’Donyo El’Satima
- Jea 51: A Three-Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 52: Four Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 53: Five Day Circumnavigation of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 54: Five Day Sirimon Trek
- Jea 55: Five Day Chogoria Route
- Jea 56: Five Days Four Overnights in Chogoria out Sirimon.
- Jea 57: Six Days Best of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 58: Seven Days Chogoria Transverse.
- Jea 59: Seven Day Timau Trek
- Jea60: Seven Day The Land of Contrast
- Jea42:Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Itineraries