The Sirimon Track, is one of the finest approaches to the peak area. It offers some of the best views of the main peaks, with a gradual climb which can be done leisurely. We traverse the mountain by ascending the Sirimon Track.
Morning spent sorting and organizing personal equipment for the mountain trek. Lunch at the Lodge (This is an extra charge). In the afternoon, we are driven to the Sirimon Park Gate and then to the road-head at 3,300m. An easy trek in the afternoon to help acclimatization. Overnight Judmaier Camp (3300m) in the high altitude mountain tents.
Ascend the Sirimon Track to Likii North Valley and camp overnight in this beautiful little valley below the subsidiary peaks of Teleki and Sendeyo, two ancient parasitic vents of the main peaks. (3990m)
Climb out of the North Valley and into the Mackinders Valley, one of the broadest valleys on the mountain, with many giant groundsels. Camp at the head of the Mackinder’s Valley, just below the main peaks of Batian and Nelion (4,300m).
Alpine ascent to the highest peak, Pt. Lenana (4985m). En route up the north face little used by tourists. Four hours of stiff walking to the summit. Then descend to Teleki Valley on the opposite side of the main peaks, to Mackinder’s Camp for a good night rest (4150m.).
Descend to the Met Station (road head) on the Naro Moru Track and back to the Lodge.
SEE MORE RELATED SAFARI PACKAKES BELOW!
- Jea 30: Mt. Kenya(5 Days 4 Nights)
- Jea 50: A Day Trek to Ol’Donyo El’Satima
- Jea 51: A Three-Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 52: Four Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 53: Five Day Circumnavigation of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 54: Five Day Sirimon Trek
- Jea 55: Five Day Chogoria Route
- Jea 56: Five Days Four Overnights in Chogoria out Sirimon.
- Jea 57: Six Days Best of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 58: Seven Days Chogoria Transverse.
- Jea 59: Seven Day Timau Trek
- Jea60: Seven Day The Land of Contrast
- Jea42:Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Itineraries