Five Day Circumnavigation of Mt. Kenya
This climb is for those mountaineers who have an adventurous spirit and want to ascend Pt. Lenana, (4,985m) in a leisurely fashion from a non-tourist route. The climber has a better chance of acclimatizing and getting fit for the attempt on Pt. Lenana.
Morning spent sorting and organizing personal equipment for the trek. Lunch at the Lodge. (this is an extra charge) In the afternoon drive to the road head of the Naro Moru track to the Met Station where we spend the night in the mountain log cabins. A good day for acclimatization, altitude of 3050 m. A light hike is taken in the afternoon to help acclimatization.
Hike up to the Teleki valley to our Mackinders Camp where there is a spectacular view of the main peaks. Walking time approximately 4-6 hours. Overnight Mackinders Camp (4,150m)
After an early breakfast, begin the circumnavigation of the main peaks by heading north. One traverse takes us below the south and west faces on our approach to Two Tarn Hut then across Western terminal and into Hausberg Valley and finally over Hausberg Col and into Mackinders Valley. Walking time proximately 5 hours. The highest point reached this day is 4,500m. Our camp in Mackinder valley is at an altitude of 4,300m. Night will be spent in high altitude tents.
Alpine ascent of the third highest peak Pt. Lenana up the north face little used by tourists. The top should be reached after about four hours of stiff walking. Altitude of Pt.Lenana is 4985m.
We then descend into Teleki Valley and spend the night at our original camp completing a scenic traverse of the Mountain.
Descend the Mountain to Met Station and return to the Naro Moru River Lodge.
SEE MORE RELATED SAFARI PACKAKES BELOW!
- Jea 30: Mt. Kenya(5 Days 4 Nights)
- Jea 50: A Day Trek to Ol’Donyo El’Satima
- Jea 51: A Three-Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 52: Four Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 53: Five Day Circumnavigation of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 54: Five Day Sirimon Trek
- Jea 55: Five Day Chogoria Route
- Jea 56: Five Days Four Overnights in Chogoria out Sirimon.
- Jea 57: Six Days Best of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 58: Seven Days Chogoria Transverse.
- Jea 59: Seven Day Timau Trek
- Jea60: Seven Day The Land of Contrast
- Jea42:Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Itineraries