Designed for those who have a minimum amount of time and who want to reach the third highest peak Pt. Lenana. This challenging, non technical ascent can be made by any healthy person.
Day 1 Morning spent sorting and organizing personal equipment for the trek. Lunch at the Lodge. (this is an extra charge.) In the afternoon, drive to the road head of the Naro Moru track, to the Met Station where we spend the night in the mountain log cabins, a good day for acclimatization for we will be sleeping at an altitude of 3,050m. A short hike is taken in the afternoon to gain and loose altitude.
Day 2 Hike up into the Teleki valley where there is a spectacular view of the main peaks. Walking time approximately 4-6 hours. Overnight at Mackinders Camp (4,100m).
Day 3 A pre-dawn start is made to ensure a successful summit bid and in time for a clear view of the majestic summit scenery. After ascending Pt. Lenana we return to our base camp and then proceed down the mountain and back to the lodge.
SEE MORE RELATED SAFARI PACKAKES BELOW!
- Jea 30: Mt. Kenya(5 Days 4 Nights)
- Jea 50: A Day Trek to Ol’Donyo El’Satima
- Jea 51: A Three-Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 52: Four Day Foot Safari to Mt. Kenya
- Jea 53: Five Day Circumnavigation of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 54: Five Day Sirimon Trek
- Jea 55: Five Day Chogoria Route
- Jea 56: Five Days Four Overnights in Chogoria out Sirimon.
- Jea 57: Six Days Best of Mt. Kenya
- Jea 58: Seven Days Chogoria Transverse.
- Jea 59: Seven Day Timau Trek
- Jea60: Seven Day The Land of Contrast
- Jea42:Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Itineraries