Distance from Nairobi is 160Km (2hrs by road), (30min flight). Lake Nakuru is a shallow alkaline lake in the Great Rift Valley. The park was created in 1960 as a bird life sanctuary. It is a beacon for leading Ornithologists, scientists and researchers for its 450 birds species and about 30 white rhinos.
It is in this park, where the biggest forest of yellow acacia and giant Euphorbia trees can be seen. Interestingly the rare and endangered Rothschild giraffe species does very well in this park having been relocated from soy plains of Eldoret from 1974.
The greatest attraction however is the presence of over one and a half million greater and lesser flamingoes that paints the Lake pink . The abundance in the blue green algae in the lake forms the primary food source for the flamingoes.
Visitors can enjoy the panoramic view of the lake from the Baboon cliffs, the highest point in the park. Other animals to be seen are- large herds of buffaloes, Defassa Waterbuck, Impalas, Grants and Thompson gazelles, Lions, Baboons, Cheetahs, Elands, Leopard, Spotted Hyena, Black and White Colubus Monkey, Common Zebra, Genet e.t.c, Game viewing is relatively easy. Accommodation- includes, two lodges, Kenya wildlife serviced guest house, five campsites, self-held bandas and two picnic sites.
- $ 250- 1 Per Person
- $ 220-2 People Sharing
- $ 180 – 3 People Sharing
- $150 – 4 People Sharing
- $ 140 – 5 People and above Sharing
Included in this cost;
- -Transport in a customized safari minibus.
- -Meal plan as described; L=Lunch
- -Park entry fees.
- -Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide
- -Game viewing safari drives in Lake Nakuru Park.
- -Complimentary bottled water in the safari vehicle.
- -Road transfers from Nairobi and return to Nairobi
Excluded in this cost:
- -An optional boat ride by Lake Naivasha-$ 25pp.
- -Tipping and gratuities.
- -Items of a personal use
NOTE: Children are between age 3-16years and are charged 75% of the adult rate.
SEE MORE RELATED SAFARI PACKAKES BELOW!
- JEANT13: 1 Day Trip to Lake Nakuru National Park
- JEANT14: 1 Day trip to Lake Naivasha and the Hell’s Gate National Park.
- JEANT15: 1 Day safari to Amboseli National park
- JEANT16: 1 Day trip to mt. Longonot hike.
- JEANT17: 1 dAYay trip to Olpejeta sweetwaters.
- JEANT18: 1 Day Trip To Lake Nakuru, Naivasha & Cresent Island.
- JEANT19: 1 Day Trip To Sagana White Water Rafting Expedition
- JEANT20: 1 Day Trip To Mt. Suswa Hiking Expedition.