Morning drive to Sagana just 95kms north of Nairobi,the Tana River has some excellent rapids. A rafting trip on the river consists of a 16 kms of White Water rafting expedition and kayaking.These excursions run on seasons depending on the water levels.
White water rafting is a challenging recreational activity using an inflatable raft to navigate a river or bodies of water,this is usually done on different degrees of rough water waves, in order to thrill and excite the passengers.The adventure have different degrees of difficulty,but whichever level you choose, you’ll have an adventure you’ll never forget!
This adrenaline running adventure starts with a 3 kilometer of basic class II and II, where additional training on paddle skills are imparted.A 6 kilometer section follows with an hour or so of relaxation to view the abundance of bird life around. Cool off with an optional swim in the warm water.
The final 7 kilometer adventure back to the campsite starts with some more training on paddle commands. You will now encounter the 3 big rapids, Captains Folly, Can of Worms and Sphincter Flexor. Subject to water levels, you may be able to “surf” in “fish eye” and then swim through the next couple of minor rapids.We reach the campsite about 4 to 5 hours after setting off, where a full barbeque lunch awaits us. Plenty of beer and soft drink Included. After lunch when everyone is ready we leave for Nairobi arriving late in the afternoon.
This expedition can be tackled by individuals with average level of fitness.
What to Bring – Clothes you do not mind getting wet i.e. T Shirts, shorts or long sleeved shirt and trousers (especially for those who burn easily) and shoes that will not come off.
- $200 -1 Person
- $180 -2 People Sharing
- $160 -3 People Sharing
- $140 -4 People Sharing
- $120 -5-8 People Sharing
Included in this cost;
- -Transport in a customized safari minibus.
- -Boat and kayaking equipment.
- -Meal plan as described; L=Lunch.
- -Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide.
- -Complimentary bottled water in the safari vehicle.
- -Road transfers from Nairobi and return to Nairobi
Excluded in this cost;
- -Tipping and gratuities.
- -Items of a personal use.
NOTE: Children are between age 3-16years and are charged 75% of the adult rate.
SEE MORE RELATED SAFARI PACKAKES BELOW!
- JEANT13: 1 Day Trip to Lake Nakuru National Park
- JEANT14: 1 Day trip to Lake Naivasha and the Hell’s Gate National Park.
- JEANT15: 1 Day safari to Amboseli National park
- JEANT16: 1 Day trip to mt. Longonot hike.
- JEANT17: 1 Day trip to Olpejeta sweetwaters.
- JEANT18: 1 Day Trip To Lake Nakuru, Naivasha & Cresent Island.
- JEANT19: 1 Day Trip To Sagana White Water Rafting Expedition
- JEANT20: 1 Day Trip To Mt. Suswa Hiking Expedition.