DAY 1: NAIROBI/ SAMBURU
8:30am pick up from your Nairobi hotel – 9:30am and proceed north towards Samburu National reserve via Nanyuki town, lunch enroute and hence arriving Samburu in late afternoon on arrival pitch up your tents close to Ewaso Ngiro river and proceed for a short game drive.
DAY 2: SAMBURU
Early morning and afternoon game drives will feature on this day with a lunch at campsite. Here you have a chance to spot some of the rare animal species like the reticulated giraffe, Gerenuk, Beisa Oryx, Somali Ostrich, Greater and lesser Kudus e.t.c. You can also interact with the Samburu nomadic tribe who are cousins of the Masai Dinner and Overnight at the camp.
DAY 3: SAMBURU/ MARSABIT
After breakfast depart Samburu for Marsabit towards the Nothern frontier, this area is remote hot and semi-arid you will arrive Marsabit National Park in time for lunch. In late afternoon for a game drive. Where you will encounter large herds of elephants, parts of the park are impenetrable because of thick scrub vegetation, the water filled holes hear the Marsabit lodge are as a result of formations from extinct volcanoes.
Return back to camp in the evening for dinner and overnight.
DAY 4: MARSABIT/ KALACHA.
After breakfast proceed to Kalacha with a view of extinct volcano Lava flows, which forms a very beautiful landscape. With a lunch enroute you will arrive Kalacha situated at the edge of the Chalbi desert in late afternoon. Enjoy the views of the desert and humid breezes.
DAY 5: KALACHA/ LAKE TURKANA.
After breakfast leave Kalacha for Lake Turkana passing through Loiyangalani and the Chalbi desert arriving in mid-afternoon. The desert route is impassable in wet seasons but alternative routes can be used. Rest of the day is at leisure.
DAY 6: LAKE TURKANA
Full day by Lake Turkana, a boat ride can be taken but swimming is not allowed because of the many crocodiles in the Lake. You can also have a chance to visit the El-Molo community who live by the lake and are believed to be the smallest tribe in Africa and at the brink of extinction. All meals and overnight at the campsite.
DAY 7: LAKE TURKANA/ MARALAL.
After breakfast depart Lake Turkana through Loiyangalani for Maralal which is a big commercial center in the northern frontier. Lunch enroute. Arrive Maralal in late evening.
Dinner and overnight at the campsite.
DAY 8: MARALAL/ NAIROBI.
After breakfast depart Maralal for Nairobi passing through Thompson Falls in Nyahururu. Lunch at the falls later proceed arriving Nairobi. In late afternoon, light clothing recommended for this programme.
- -Services of an English speaking guide whilst on game drive.
- -2 Game drives per day in an open safari jeep.
- -1 litre of water per person whilst on game drive.
- – Return airfare Nairobi-Masai Mara-Nairobi
- – Airstrip transfers
- – Full board accommodation and all meals
- – Airport transfers in Nairobi.
- – Park entry fees.
- – International air transportation to and from Nairobi
- -Credit card surcharge and visa payments.
- – Health insurance.
- – Expenses of personal nature such as visas, travel/baggage insurance, beverages, laundry tips etc.
- – Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplements
NOTE; Price is per person sharing.
The allowed flight baggage is 15kg per person.
That children are between age 3-11years and are charged 75% of the adult rate.
SEE MORE RELATED SAFARI PACKAKES BELOW!
- Jbc 001: Kifaru Safari – 3 Days Masai Mara Camping
- Jbc 002: Ndovu Safari – 3 Days Amboseli Camping
- Jbc 003: Twiga Safari – 5 Days Maasai Mara/Lake Nakuru
- Jbc 004: Kudu Safari – 6 Days Masai Mara/ Lake Nakuru/ Lake Baringo/ Lake Bogoria
- Jbc 005: Desert Storm Safari – 8 Day Turkana Via Marsabit And The Chalbi Desert.